Jul 1, 2014

Vietnamese Authors: Anh Tho Andres, Back to Square One - In the Mood for Love and Laughter

Back to Square One, Anh Tho Andres, Authorhouse (2014)

In the Mood for Love and Laughter

I am in the mood for love and true, I am looking for all signs of love everywhere around me, and all I find is full of love. The music I am listening, the view out of my window, the phone calls from my friends, a message from my daughter, the wishes of all my friends for a Happy Chinese New Year, the pile of texts to be corrected, the encouragement I got for my writings, the assignments I need to deliver in class, and even the coming exams...

Is it the spirit of the New Year that brings so much Joy in me, or is it the feeling to be loved and the mood to be in love...

The sun is shining outside the window by a friend's house where I am invited. The view of the Pre-Alpes Fribourgeoises, the blue sky, the snow-white summit in the sunshine, the beautiful music brings me back to many episodes of my life: Vivaldi, Berlioz, Bach, Chopin, Dvorak, Grieg, Mozart, then later Yanni, Oddfield, Haindling, Chris de Burgh, Udo Jürgens, Nena, Schiller, Silly, Enigma... All have accompanied me in various stages of my journey.

I am discovering Peter Green while writing this piece, beautiful. I wish I could play like him. Of course, it is only a dream. But what is life without dreams, and what is life without dreams of love...

There is a beautiful French poem on Love and Dream, which I wish to share with you all:



ON M'A DIT UN JOUR...


On me dit que nos vies ne valent pas grand chose, 
Elles passent en un instant comme fanent les roses. 
On me dit que le temps qui glisse est un salaud 
Que de nos chagrins il s'en fait des manteaux 

Pourtant quelqu'un m'a dit... 
Que tu m'aimais encore, 
C'est quelqu'un qui m'a dit que tu m'aimais encore. 

Serais ce possible alors ? 


On me dit que le destin se moque bien de nous 
Qu'il ne nous donne rien et qu'il nous promet tout 
Parait qu'le bonheur est à portée de main, 
Alors on tend la main et on se retrouve fou 

Pourtant quelqu'un m'a dit ... 

Mais qui est ce qui m'a dit que toujours tu m'aimais? 
Je ne me souviens plus c'était tard dans la nuit, 
J'entends encore la voix, mais je ne vois plus les traits 
"Il vous aime, c'est secret, lui dites pas que j'vous l'ai dit" 

Tu vois quelqu'un m'a dit... 
Que tu m'aimais encore, me l'a t'on vraiment dit... 
Que tu m'aimais encore, serais ce possible alors ? 

On me dit que nos vies ne valent pas grand chose, 
Elles passent en un instant comme fanent les roses 
On me dit que le temps qui glisse est un salaud 
Que de nos tristesses il s'en fait des manteaux, 

Pourtant quelqu'un m'a dit que...

I do not want to give a face to my love,
I do not want to give a name to my love,
I do not want to give a voice to my love,
I just imagine HE is somewhere waiting for ME.
I believe our path will cross some day, and that HE will say :

"I LOVE YOU,

and I want to make you happy for the rest of our life"

I want to believe that it's YOU the Love I am waiting for, 

I want to believe that you have NEVER left me,

I want to believe that your love will last FOREVER,

I want to believe ...


For ALL who want to love me, 

For YOU who want to love me FOREVER


HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR OF THE DRAGON


Xuân Nhâm Thin, 23 January 2012

Original Title in English : Back to Square One 
By Author: Anh Tho Andres
Vietnamese Translation by YourVietBooks Team (coming up)
http://www.facebook.com/YOURVIET



YourVietBooks is a selection of books and articles on and about Vietnam. Categories include: Culture, History, Vietnam War, Politics, Biographies, Contemporary Vietnam, International Relations, Doing Business in Vietnam, Reference and Languages, Zen Buddhism, Philosophy, Art and Literature.
Some articles are available only in English, French, German or Vietnamese. Our qualified and experienced translators can provide translations of e-books or articles on demand. Read more...




Samples of Translation | Our Translators | Need a quote? | Contact us